SBCS CONVENTION 2019
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS!
Annual Convention June 4 – 8, 2019
This year’s Convention will be in the Kansas City area on June 4-8th. It will be at the Embassy Suites in Olathe, KS; 913-353-9280 code SBC at $139/suite.
We are joining the Still Bank Collectors Club (SBCCA) event. The convention fee of $175 is being handled by SBCCA. There is a full schedule, with home visits, buffet, dinner, auction and room selling. To fully participate a one year membership fee of $45 to the SBCCA is required. Go to http://www.stillbankclub.com for more information.
There will 2 special events for the Souvenir Building Collectors Society Members that are attending. Details are still pending for the MEET & GREET soiree and the separate SBCS ANNUAL AUCTION AND RAFFLE. Also, one of the SBCS’s members hotel suites will be used as a Hospitality Room for SBCS members. This suite will also display SMALL groups of buildings for individual members who wish to participate in a SMALL way in the Room-Hopping activities. SBCS members are requested to volunteer to man the room during Room-Hopping activities.
2019 SBCCA Convention Schedule:
- June 4, Tuesday: Early Birds Room Hopping
- June 5, Wednesday: 10AM to 4PM – SBCCA Hospitality Room open; 8AM – 10PM Room Hopping; Check out Kansas City and environs on your own.
- June 6, Thursday: 8AM and 8:15AM – Bus Tours to Lawrence – Abilene; 4:30PM New Member Orientation; Room Hopping 10AM – 11PM.
- June 7, Friday: 7:30AM SBCCA Board Meeting; 10AM-10:50 Seminar; 11AM-11:50 Panel on Collecting; 1PM – 4PM Tour of two KC Collections; 4PM – 6PM Room Hopping; 6PM – 6:45 Cash Bar; 6:50 Buffet and Program followed by Room Hopping.
- June 8, Saturday: 7AM – 8AM Auction Setup; 8AM – 10:30AM Auction & Breakfast; 1PM – Three separate home tours; 3PM – 6PM Room Hopping; 6 – 6:45PM Cash Bar; 6:45 Dinner; 8:15 – 11PM Room Hopping.