Bring a full cup and join with SBCS members on ZOOM in a virtual “MEET & GREET” at 2PM Eastern on Sunday, June 14th.
Not wishing the Society’s camaraderie to languish during the 2020 Pandemic, cancellation of Convention 2020 and the long wait for Convention 2021, the Executive Team is working to establish a series of virtual programs to bring members together.
The platform is ZOOM. The moderator is Mark Fine. The length of time is 45 to 60 minutes. The loose plan for the initial meeting includes:
- EMAIL INVITATION: An invitation to all paid-up members will be sent via EMAIL on Wednesday, June 10th. Members wishing to participate will need to REPLY to this EMAIL and indicate their interest in attending the virtual “MEET & GREET.” This email will explain how to sign up for free ZOOM (if not already a user), and the steps you will need to take when you sign into the meeting.
- EMAIL REGISTRATION: A 2nd EMAIL will be generated by ZOOM and sent to only those members who responded to the 1st email. This 2nd email will contain the PASSWORD for the meeting. On the day of the meeting sign in at 2PM or a few minutes earlier. Refer to the instructions in your first email.
- MEETING: The MEET of this initial meeting includes self-introduction (Name, locale, collection specialty) – in other words – short and sweet!
- SHARE: Several short pre-selected building presentations by members.
- GREET: A few minutes for discussion.
THIS “EXPERIENCE” IS LIMITED TO CURRENT MEMBERS OF the SOUVENIR BUILDING COLLECTORS SOCIETY. If you are not current with your membership or are interested in joining, click here to be taken to the Membership Application page.
THERE ARE PLANS FOR FUTHER MEETINGS. We have some ideas, but let us know your recommendations for topics. The suggested recurring date and time is the 2nd Sunday of the Month at 2PM Eastern. Be sure to stay tuned.